The Zenicor solution
Zenicor’s products and solutions allow for simple and effective diagnosis of atrial fibrillation and other cardiac arrhythmias. Zenicor supplies a complete system solution to allow the patient to register ECG data over extended periods – several times daily and when symptoms are experienced – and transfer the date to a central ECG database, where the data is presented to the care provider via the internet.
The likelihood of discovering arrhythmia increases significantly when the length of the investigation can be extended and readings are taken repeatedly. Up to half of the patients may only feel the effects of their arrhythmia after one to three weeks, which is why Zenicor-ECG is a uniquely effective method. The simplicity and convenience for the patient means that the investigation can be performed over a extended period.
The system consists of two main components
- Handheld ECG device, known as a thumb ECG, with which patients register their ECG data themselves by placing their thumbs on two electrodes for 30 seconds. By pressing a button the readings are transferred via the mobile network to a central ECG database.
- Web-based service, Zenicor-ECG Doctor System, for storing and processing ECG readings received; analysis system for diagnostic support; and user interface for presenting data to the care provider. The Zenicor-ECG Doctor System is installed on a central server along with the ECG database.
Zenicor’s system solution is CE-marked and Zenicor Medical Systems is certified to ISO13485.
Why choose Zenicor – unique advantages
- Effective diagnosis thanks to repeatedly registering ECG data over a extended period, allowing sporadic rhythm abnormalities to be detected
- Documented and validated in several clinical studies
- Correct diagnosis made quickly and easily, saving time for the care provider
- Easy for the patient
- Easy for patients to take with them in their every day life. Nothing is stuck to or operated into the body
- Beneficial from a health economics perspective, which has been confirmed in several studies